Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fulltime RVing with less clutter

  My name is Jeff Heisel and I am a full timer in my Casita travel trailer. My companions are, my best friend, Glenda, our dog, a thirty lb Keeshond, Kira, a Mainecoon cat of 20 lbs, Boots(or Booter), and a little Manx cat of 7 lbs, TK(Travel Kitty).
  Let's start this with where we started. We lived about 20 miles north of Kansas city, Mo in 4.25 acres of woods in a 1500 sq ft high ranch home directly under the flight path of KCI airport. Glenda built this home in 1986 and I moved into the home in January of 1995. I fell in love with the area so much that I stayed. we officially became a couple about 7 - 8 months later and have been together since.
  In July of 2008, we finally decided, after much research, to purchase our first travel trailer. It's our Casita Liberty Deluxe, 17 ft. We named her ConEGGstoga as any where you travel from the Kansas City area, you Must travel through prairie land. Think about the pioneers when they started from Kansas City, or St. Joseph, or Historic Weston.
  Well, we started camping and rving till we started thinking about how depressed we were becoming about returning home each time. So, this past January Glenda and I discussed this and talking more about fulltiming. She then made the announcement that she was going to let the house go and we'll start this spring or summer(we escaped the rat race Memorial weekend). Later, I did a quick inspection of the cement floor in the garage for cracks where my jaw dropped with the force of a 40 ton truck. Needless to say a few ibuprophen later, my jaw felt better.
  Now for the real subject of today's blog. Downsizing! We started looking at everything we felt we would need to have with us and made the command decision make everything possible an item that can and will multitask. Yep, if it doesn't, it's gone. Well, for the most part. Glenda was to handle all inside issues away from the kitchen. Me? I had all outside, kitchen, repairs, tools, setup, etc. Oh, the kitchen is my 2nd playroom after the shop as Glenda does not like cooking and I love it. Besides, I'm a certified and experienced chef also. Other career experiences will be later. My biggest challenge was tools for shop use and tools for cooking. Oye! Glenda was about the pets and bedding, cleaning, and clothes(still way too many tees). My clothes were much simpler, wnter and summer things for 5 days each. Well, maybe 7 days each.
  I seem to be getting long winded, so I'll say for now Happy Trails to all.
  Next post, I'll do a bit more detail on kitchen tools to consider away from your past stick built.  

No comments:

Post a Comment